Having the right packing and moving supplies are the keys to the success of your move! You want the right boxes especially made to do the job right the first time. Paying attention now pays off later when your personal possessions come out of the moving van in the same condition as they went in. Having the right packing boxes lets you stack efficiently and are specially sized to make stacking and layering more efficient.
More importantly, packing supplies and boxes from Prosper Self Storage are new not used. Our supplies are not dirty, torn, infested with bugs or mold like you find at the back of grocery stores. For your convenience we sell a variety of boxes, packing and moving supplies for your one-stop shopping convenience. We carry all the specialty packing supplies to protect your dishes, clothing, glasses and even a carrier to move your fish! We also carry tape, bubble wrap, foam cushion wrap, dust covers and specialty boxes for those hard to pack items. To save money, time, and to ensure you have all the basic supplies required to pack up your household, see the example below of what would be needed for a 5-6 room home (up to 2800 square feet):
For most people the above list will suffice. But don’t forget to purchase boxes for those specialty items such as large mirrors, framed artwork, computers and printers. Artwork and mirror boxes are stronger and shaped to fit, and most come with – or with an option to purchase – frame protectors. Frame protectors can be secured to the corners of the item to prevent damage during the move. Purchasing corrugated cardboard may help protect glass surfaces and keep items separated while in transit. Lamp boxes, guitar boxes, mattress and crib boxes are some of the specialty packing supplies available for pre-order. For most people, these boxes are not necessary but not so for file boxes. Arriving at a new destination with nothing but empty file folders and papers strewn on the bottom of a box, can take days to sort and organize. File boxes are a simple tool to keep your documents sorted and sealed even after moving.
Most of the items listed below are “nice to have”. Most people on the move are able to manage with a pair of household scissors instead of a box cutter, markers instead of pre-printed labels and newspaper instead of packing peanuts; however, the more organized you are, the faster and easier the move. If you purchase items for the sole purpose of moving, it is easier to set aside a packing materials’ box so all your supplies are within reach. Scissors and markers can quickly disappear when a project is due at school. One item highly recommended when it comes to packing is a tape dispenser. A tape dispenser will save you time, frustration and your teeth! Purchase one, and after the move, keep it in the kitchen drawer. You will find it indispensable.
Packing Wrap, Cushioning, Protection
- Brown Paper or Plain Newsprint: To prevent having to wash items after you’ve moved, use plain newsprint or brown paper to wrap items. Never use newsprint to wrap items with sensitive surfaces, such as lamps shades.
Foam: provides extra protection.
- Stretch Wrap: protects surfaces and keeps awkward items, such as ski poles, together.
- Inflatable bags: inflate to fill empty spaces.
- Peanuts: foam pieces that fill empty spaces.
- Custom printed: printed to suit your needs, i.e., ‘Fragile’ or ‘Kitchen’ or ‘This End Up’.
- Pre-printed: already printed to fulfill common requirements.
- Blank: various sizes prepared on a single sheet that can be printed right from your own computer; cheaper and versatile.
- Box cutter: sharp utility blade to slice open difficult materials.
- Mattress covers: soft foam covers to protect mattress from punctures and rips.
- Markers: range in abilities and price, including markers that write on difficult surfaces such as glass and plastic.
When you buy all of your moving and packing supplies early, you will have a head start when moving day comes. If you run short of boxes and supplies you can visit Prosper Self Storage for everything to be fully prepared for moving day. We are so confident of the importance of proper packing that if you buy too many moving boxes or supplies we have a 100% return policy for any unused items with receipt.
Why Choose Us?
- Climate Controlled and Non-Climate Controlled Units
- Free Truck Rental with Move-In
- Video Surveillance Monitoring
- 24 Hour Access Available (Restrictions Apply)
- On-Site Manager
- Personal Storage, Commercial Storage, Vehicle Storage